2/02/2018

When should you spend your vacation days in 2018?



My efficient way of maximizing my vacation days

Okay, this is relevant for Slovenians since it’s based on our holidays. As a travel addict, the first thing I often do in a year is to check how many vacations days don’t overlap with weekends and I make a plan for optimal usage if my vacation days. 2018 is in fact the best year ever - 0 Slovenian holidays overlap with weekends. So, when should you take your days off?

  • Friday, 9th of February: our cultural holiday in February (8.2.) is a great opportunity to have a 4-day getaway. I am going skiing with my friends in Austria and I’m thrilled about it.
  • Tuesday, 2nd of April: if Easter holidays don’t mean much to you (meaning you can miss out on the family breakfast with eggs and ham), you can get another 4-day getaway for just 1 vacations day. Me and Jost are flying to Montenegro from Ljubljana (we got a return ticket for 80 EUR from Ljubljana, say whaaat?) and it’s perfect: the flight is on Friday afternoon and we’re coming back on Tuesday evening. I am VERY excited about exploring Montenegro, we might also go to Albania and Kosovo, since it’s only 30 minutes away and the mountains there look awesome.
  • 1st of May vacations: classic choice, for 3 days of vacation days you get 10 days getaway. I was thinking about going to Greece but then we saw this ticket to Calgary, Canada for 330 EUR return from Venice and we just had to get it! Banff national park in Alberta was on my to-go list for years and now it’s finally happening.
  • 25th of June is a holiday and does not require any holidays, of course you can add a day or two, perfect long weekend to go hiking in Bovec or drive to Krk island and swim in the sea for the first time in a season
  • 15th of August comes on Wednesday, so taking 2 days before or after brings you a nice 5-day holiday!
  • Autumn vacations: calendar is treating us nicely, take a trp from 27.10. - 4.11. (9 days) and spend only 3 days of holidays. Last autumn we went to Tuscany and it was amazing: 22 degrees, autumn colours, low season prices, no crowds, superb food …
  • New year vacations: the jackpot of 2018 is new year vacations. I love Christmas and holiday time so I’ve actually never travelled in this time. However, looking at the calendar, we’re definitely escaping somewhere to Asia this year: 22.12. - 6.1., 6 days of vacations for 16 days of holidays!

Thank you 2018 for treating us so nicely.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar