2/02/2018

Take time to set your goals (but also to check up on them!)

My goal setting on another level

I was talking about reflection in my last newsletter, so I wanted to share how am I doing with my goal setting and tracking achieving my goals. I admit: I still did not finish setting my goals for 2018 with Lisa Jacob's My best year 2018. It is hard and i don’t really know what exactly do i want. but , I did manage to set my goals for January and I just checked how am I doing. I wrote down the list of achievements and I must say that I feel pretty fucking awesome about it! I would never realized how many things I started/improved from 2017 and I actually kept them going the whole month.

My achievements in January:
  • I read two great books and I started to read before sleep regularly
  • I finally went to off-piste skiing course, where I went 100 % out of my comfort zone (I never thought I will hike to Vrsic pass with 10 kg backpack and skis on my back … crazy!)
  • I took a good care of myself: went to massage twice and each week I went to sauna
  • I started with morning sport trainings due to my neck and back issues and i managed to wake up early twice a week
  • I wanted to go to bed earlier and I managed quite well, I go to bed around 11 pm and wake up at 7 am (1 hour earlier than before)
  • I managed to do one cool project besides my job (developed educational module for social entrepreneurship within MSS and I really enjoyed it)
  • I kept on going to yoga twice a week (even though I had to push myself sometimes)
  • I managed to lose a bit of my weight and eat very healthy (almost 0 sugar in January, low amount of carbs, a lot of vegetables etc)
  • I survived 10 days without Jošt, when he again went to San Francisco very well
  • I spent a nice amount of time with my friends, catching up
  • I still did not have too many things in my schedule, I did not feel tired at all
  • I started a Tuesday dates routine with Jošt and it’s working out very well: we always do something exciting and I love it
  • I narrowed down my master thesis topic and now I have a concrete idea what I want to do
  • I sent Pursuit of happiness newsletter and kept going with this mini project
  • I hiked, spent quite some time in nature and I had super fun weekends
  • I continued with my Ayurveda class even though I was thinking about quitting and I am so glad I’m still in

I achieved my goals in 70 % and achieved 40 % of things that were not even in my goals. Of course i failed in quite some things as well:
  • I didn’t meet my financial goals (I will try again in February, haha, lets see)
  • I didn’t meet my goal to walk to work more often (partially due to shitty weather, I made this goal more concrete for February - walk to work at least once a week)
  • I got upset over some things I would not have to get upset about, it was just my reaction to the situation that I didn’t like (I will observe myself and my thoughts more to not obsess about the small things)
  • It wasn’t really in my goals, but I did experience too much stress (much less than in November and December, but still, I expected that it will be much more easy-going in terms of my job). Stress mostly came from my high expectations / trying to do a lot, expecting too much from others, so I simply need to lower my expectations and not get frustrated if things happen much slower than I would want them to)

Overall, January was a great month. It was really helpful to set goals on a weekly basis and later check if i achieved them.

In February, I will change:
  • I will not write my monthly & weekly goals only in my book but also on a piece of paper I will stick on the door to see it all the time
  • I will try to get even more strict with my new rhythm (sleeping 23-07) by setting up a calendar reminder to go to sleep at 22:30
  • I will track my financial state regularly to not spend too much

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar